LAS VEGAS – January , 2018 – UBTECH Robotics, a global leader in intelligent humanoid robotics and AI technologies, is unveiling its newest robot at CES 2018; Walker – the world’s first commercialized biped robot.
The company is showcasing the current stage of Walker’s development alongside its entire line of award-winning robots at the world’s largest consumer electronics and consumer technology tradeshow. This also includes Lynx with Amazon Alexa, Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper, Cruzr, and the full JIMU Robot family.
CES 2018 marks UBTECH’s first global demonstration of Walker, which is the first commercialized biped robot of its kind and due to be launched worldwide in 2019. UBTECH, Walker and the entire range of robotics can be found throughout CES 2018 at CES Show Floor, Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall 2, Booth #26021.
“CES 2018 offers a global stage for UBTECH to unveil Walker, the future of home consumer robots,” said John Rhee, general manager, North America, UBTECH. “We’re excited to give a preview of Walker’s capabilities and showcase our entire line of robots that educate, entertain, assist, and serve the public.”
UBTECH’s CES 2018 line-up includes:
- Walker: the first commercialized biped robot. A complete home butler, Walker was built to ease the day-to-day operations of a busy home and work lifestyle. Currently a biped model, UBTECH will add two arms and additional interactive functions in 2018 to meet the goal of making Walker a complete intelligent humanoid robot before delivering to market in 2019.
- Lynx with Amazon Alexa: the first intelligent humanoid robot to feature Amazon’s cloud-based voice service. Lynx combines UBTECH’s award-winning proprietary robotics with cutting-edge Alexa technology. Featuring voice, facial and presence recognition, and key features including Surveillance Mode and Avatar Mode, Lynx with Amazon Alexa offers unprecedented intelligence and robotics for a truly humanlike experience.
- Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper Robot: an interactive, app-enabled humanoid robot based on the characters from the Star Wars movie franchise. Featuring augmented reality capabilities, voice command, facial recognition, and sentry patrolling, the interactive robot allows users to control their own personal Stormtrooper and interact like never before.
- Cruzr: a cloud-based intelligent humanoid robot that provides a new generation of service for a variety of industrial applications and domestic environments. Providing customized AI services, Cruzr is truly where service meets intelligence, creating value for your business. With Cruzr, companies can better attend to their customers’ needs, while allowing human teams to focus on more complex issues requiring human interaction. Ultimately, Cruzr enables companies to spend more time making smarter business decisions.
- Jimu Robot: an interactive robotic building block system that lets kids 8-14 Build, Programand Code their robot creations. Built from the ground-up to specifically meet the needs of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) curriculum, Jimu Robots bridge the gap between learning and pure fun, ultimately enriching children’s lives.
About UBTECH Robotics: UBTECH Robotics is a global leader in intelligent humanoid robots. The company’s interactive robots serve the public, accelerate STEM education for children and assist & entertain in the home. Integrating UBTECH robots into our daily lives enhances how we live, work, learn, and play. To be part of the UBTECH robot generation, visit www.ubtrobot.com and follow UBTECH Robotics on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.